Founded by a team of industry leaders with over 50 years’ combined experience in payment and finance technology, foreign exchange and loyalty, Paywiser is at the forefront of the global payments technology industry, providing innovative platforms and systems for merchants and partners worldwide.
Established in 2017, Paywiser is a global Fintech company focusing on providing businesses with a singular platform to manage their payment issuance and acceptance operations.
A solid bridge between the East and the West, with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Slovenia, Lithuania, the UK and the US. Paywiser offers 360 Payment Eco- System, covering Acquiring (eComm and POS Solution), Issuing (Debit and Pre-Paid Cards), Open Banking Solution, Global Settlement and White-labelling of Wallets and Infrastructure.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is primarily divided between two functions, Client Due Diligence and Conflicts Clearance.
1. Client Due Diligence
- Performing KYC due diligence for new and existing clients
- Reviewing clients’ incoming documents and researching clients using Paywiser’ssystems or public sources to meet our regulatory requirements on Client DueDiligence (CDD)
- Communicating clearly with the Partnership what may be required of Clients to fulfil said requirements Advising on CDD requirements for our overseas offices based on the local laws and regulations
- Using screening tools to carry out risk assessments at client inception and also when CDD records are updated to see whether the client presents a higher than usual risk of money laundering
- Carrying out research to establish whether there is any adverse press about a prospective client and assessing its relevance
- Carrying out searches to identify whether a client is a politically exposed person and preparing emails for Compliance / Senior Management’s approval
- Carrying out research on the source of wealth and funds and assisting with advice on this to the partners and fee-earners
- Being an active risk manager, recognize the factors that impact client risk rating and due diligence requirements
- Filing appropriately and diligently so that centralised records of client approvals are maintained
- Escalating issues or concerns to management, compliance, and the business in an effective manner
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams to discuss changes or updates to Paywiser’s KYC/AML requirements, policy, and procedure
- Handling sensitive and confidential information in accordance with Paywiser’s policy
2. Conflicts Clearance
- Carrying out conflicts searches using data submitted by partners and other customers
- Reporting back to the partners / customers on the results of the search Identifying potential conflicts issues and escalating them to more senior members of theCompliance team within Paywiser Ad Hoc Assistance
- Assisting partners and other business services colleagues on frequently asked questions relating to billing and file opening
- Assisting the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) with research surrounding suspicious activity reports
- Acting as a subject-matter expert to provide training / workshops on onboarding issues (e.g. AML / Conflicts) to local and overseas colleagues
- Providing improvement / enhancement ideas on existing processes / systems
- Any other job functions as assigned by the management from time to time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree holder in any disciplines
- Experience in conflicts of interest checking and/or AML checking
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Self-motivator, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Team player, don’t afraid to speak up and share solutions and ideas for improvement
- Able to perform multitasking, good organisation, problem-solving and time-managementskills with a strong sense of responsibility, commitment, and discipline
- Agile learner with continuous improvement mindset
- Multilingual in speaking, reading, and writing: English is mandatory plus at least one ofthese languages – Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Slovenian